SOFT + STEADY
Today, many of us sit and wait – in our homes, separated, or cloistered – indefinitely. The news has a hum of hope, and spring here in New England has been rainy and beautiful. Yet we sit and wait. It is so easy to want to fix and fight during times of chaos and grief. These mantras and lines are helping to soothe my mind and heart during this season of uncertainty. Take these and nourish the softening of worry; steadiness of hope and continuing.
- Kindness eases change. Love quiets fear. Octavia Butler
- These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb. Najwa Zebian.
- Even here in this crowded mind, there is still room to know peace. Morgan Harper Nichols
- The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them. Louisa May Alcott
- Everything is temporary.
- When you are grateful for what you have, I know you understand the magnitude of what I have lost. Brené Brown.
- You’ve survived your hardest days.
- Doubt everything. Find your own light. Buddha.
- Magic rises within the forge of the soul. Katherine Cota MacDonald.
- You are never finished.