With Mother’s Day approaching, I find my mind drifting through All of the Things. I have had a hard time letting go of yesterday’s version of my baby because she is growing so quickly. Each day, her legs get longer, her toes get stronger, and the finesse with which she reaches out for toys (or to Killer Kowalski my face) makes for smoother, more intentional movement. Her baby “heh”s are turning into laughter and I just can’t take it! I find myself holding on much more tightly to the present moment and allowing myself the grace to see the tinge of panic in these moments while still breathing to delight in the magic of who my daughter is becoming. When I’m tired, frustrated, or just plain hot and hungry – this beautiful little girl reminds me that the world is a place of wonder and awe.
To mothers, fathers, parents, and caregivers.
p.s. You’ll notice several of these are IG accounts. Because…babies. ❤
p.p.s. Parenthood isn’t always magic and sweetness. It’s the hardest work, and you’re not alone.
- Enjoy the beauty of becoming.
- Your child’s actions are either an expression of love or a call for love. You will either receive it or give it. Love is always the answer. Rebecca Eames.
- The very fact that you already worry about being a good mom means that you already are one. @Lactation_Care
- Motherhood is one of the most rapid and complete paths of transformation on the planet. @mindful_mamas
- Each day, a renewal. Everything is impermanent. Let it be so. @mindful_mamas
- We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free. Kavita Ramdas.
- Trust your gut.
- You are the exact mother your children need.
- Keep it weird. Keep it good. Katherine Cota MacDonald.
- Wishing and wanting instead of being and enjoying. I have decided that I don’t want to do [life] that way. Anna Quinlan
- Plot twist!
- When I get to the end of my life, and I ask one final “what have I done?”, let my answer be, “I have done love”. Jennifer Pastiloff.
Bonus: Write it all down. ❤ It all flies by so quickly. Every milestone, every growth spurt, every beautiful bit of magic and each stormy day. Write it all down.